Friday

pta & me

If you say the title of this post really fast, it probably comes out "PTE and Me." I could be wrong. Here are more random observations from my time at the state PTA Legislative Assembly. (Look out, it's crazy stuff!)

  • The heater in my room sounded like a time clock every time it turned on & off. All through the night. Maybe it was multiple bogeymen punching in for their shifts; I wonder if they're union?
  • The word "express" on a menu does not necessarily refer to speedy service. Perhaps it was simply super quick to write.
  • Candied walnuts are a delicacy for which I might give up buying a new pair of shoes. Especially after I've waited 45 minutes for my lunch.
  • Is it too much to ask that a $125/night hotel near a major international airport provide free wi-fi in at least the lobby, if not where I can surf in the comfort of my pajamas (without attracting strange looks)?
  • How about giving me walls thicker than 1/4"? At least the one directly by my head when I'm lying in bed, attempting to fall asleep while my neighbors party merrily on at 1 am.
  • Finding the local NPR affiliate station for the radio alarm makes waking up (even after only 5 hours of fitful sleep) more joyful.
  • Spending $1 on a regular candy bar makes it taste slightly less delicious; apparently guilt and gluttony ruin an appetite.
  • Travel candles mostly eradicate the lingering odors of industrial cleaning products and feet.
  • I love room service at breakfast even though it costs more than an entire package of bacon, a dozen eggs, gallon of milk, and loaf of bread combined. (I guess the guilt & gluttony theory doesn't hold here).
  • It's pretty cool to be part of an organization that cares so much for kids, we can argue vigorously about issues yet still remain allies in the end.

2 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I hope you had fun - I look forward to hearing more about it.

Be well, and enjoy that football intake.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely with the whole free wireless concept, it made me quite cross. The beds however were fab when I finally got there. Thanks again for being there and diverting me with wit and charm!

Karolyn