- I think I've become more mindful of my everyday life, but I don't feel solid at it and look forward to improving.
- No claw foot tub (Stu really tried, but they're all too strangely-shaped for our house. Plus they weigh 1,000,000 pounds) but my man did install a fabulous modern bath tub for me. I only have one candle near it, though. Will work on that.
- And everything else I actually do sometimes but not as often as I'd prefer.
So I'm designing this year's resolutions list as a What Not To Do in the hopes that it will stick better that way; I much prefer avoiding what I shouldn't do rather than doing what I'm told.In 2009 I will not:
- Lie in bed listening to the radio alarm for more than 2 minutes or get up, turn it off, and return to bed.
- Stay up past 10:30 on a school night no matter what. I'm serious.
- Forget to choose the next day's outfit each night (just for me; Stu can fend for himself).
- Skip breakfast, wherein "breakfast" refers to a decent grain - cereal, oatmeal, peanut butter toast + fruit and milk. [Bonus points for meat or egg product. Not sure what the bonus points are for but I'll think of something].
- Start making dinner without lighting a few candles around the house.
- Forgo a cup of tea in the morning & after school.
- Scorn & avoid the Wii Fit Balance Board after the kids are in bed, and on weekend mornings.
- Put off planning getaways (including babysitter) for me & my man once a month.
- Miss opportunities to make cards from my photos.
- Allow my classroom to smell like teen 'spirit.' (I got these for $7 at Whole Foods last night!)
- Let other people's poor/thoughtless choices affect my outlook on life. I'm talking to all the dumbass drivers out there - watch me smile & wave and pray for your soon-to-be-wrecked-or-ticketed souls. Too much? I doubt they're reading my blog anyway.
*Happy, happy, delightful, magical, marvelous, enjoyable, agreeable New Year to you*